We are committed to integrating Indigenous worldviews into our planning practice and approach our work with Indigenous communities with cultural humility. This means that we do not believe in an “expert-driven,” top-down model when working with Indigenous partners. Instead, we focus on relationship building from the ground up and work collaboratively to fill capacity, technical skills and knowledge gaps on all sides. We strive to co-create processes that are sensitive to context and center community interests, values, and priorities.
Over the past twenty years, we have worked in dozens of Indigenous communities across Canada and in the United States. Our areas of expertise include:
- Comprehensive Community Plans (CCPs)
- Land Use Plans – Community and Territorial
- Local Economic Development Strategies
- Site Plans
- Policy Development (e.g., governance, human resources)
- Training and Capacity Building
- Program and Project Evaluation and Business Case Development
- Impact Assessment – Compensation Support and Non-market Valuation
- Joint Planning and Relationship-building
- Traditional Use Studies
To view our CCP brochure, click here.
Training: Interested in training or capacity building? Contact us.
Kitsumkalum First Nation Land Use Plan
Haisla Nation Comprehensive Community Plan
AZA First Nation Comprehensive Community Plan and Land Use Plan
Cowichan Tribes Community Transportation and Mobility Plan